Clinical Psychology Psy.D. Program
Welcome to the Clinical Psychology Psy.D. Program at Florida Institute of Technology. The program at Florida Tech that leads to a Psy.D. in clinical psychology is accredited by the American Psychological Association and offers students training based on a practitioner-scientist model that prepares students for entry-level positions as clinical psychologists. To achieve that goal, we are committed to training students with strong and continually developing clinical competencies, whose clinical work is informed by the scientific and theoretical knowledge base of the discipline of psychology, and whose graduates respect and value cultural and individual difference, and who maintain the highest professional principles and standards. (Commission on Accreditation, 750 First Street, NE, Washington, DC 20002-4242: Phone: (202) 336-5979)
What Makes Florida Tech's Psy.D. in Clinical Psychology Stand Out?
- APA-accredited program since 1983
- Emphasis on clinical experience begins in the first year of training
- Opportunity to tailor program to meet individual interests
- Curriculum that addresses current trends in psychology
- On-site practicum training facility
- A large network of community-based practicum sites offering many different training opportunities
- Small student-to-faculty ratio
- Colleague-in-training atmosphere
- Excellent internship match rate
- Opportunities for international research and study
- Flat-rate tuition program
- Warm climate, great location, close to beaches
- Relatively low cost of living, ample and reasonably priced housing available off campus
Our program leading to a Psy.D in Clinical Psychology trains students to become practicing clinical psychologists with core competencies in relational/clinical skills, comprehensive psychological assessment, clinical treatment interventions, research and evaluation skills, consultation and education, management and supervision, and diversity issues.
We have 4 elective concentration areas designed to address current and emerging trends in the nature and settings of the work of Clinical Psychology Psy.D. graduates. These areas are:
- Family/Child Psychology
- Forensic Psychology
- NeuroPsychology/Health Psychology
- Integrated Behavioral Healthcare/Health Psychology
Explore the following pages to learn more about what you will experience as a student studying for a Psy.D. in Clinical Psychology at Florida Institute of Technology.