High Tech with a Human Touch
Welcome to the Clinical Psy.D. Program at Florida Institute of Technology. Florida Tech's APA-accredited doctoral program in clinical psychology offers students training based on a practitioner-scientist model that focuses on the development of clinical practice skills. (Committee of Accredatation, 750 First Street, NE, Washington, DC 20002-4242: Phone: (202)336-5979)
What Makes Florida Tech's Psy.D. Program Stand Out?
- APA-accredited program since 1983
- Emphasis on clinical experience begins in the first year of training
- Opportunity to tailor program to meet individual interests
- Curriculum that addresses current trends in psychology
- On-site training facilities
- Small student-to-faculty ratio
- Colleague-in-training atmosphere
- Flat-rate tuition program
- Warm climate, great location, close to beaches
- Relatively low cost of living, ample and reasonably priced housing available off campus
The Psy.D. program trains students to become practicing clinical psychologists with core competencies in relational/clinical skills, comprehensive psychological assessment, clinical treatment interventions, research and evaluation, consultation and education, management and supervision, and diversity issues.