Applied Behavior Analysis Programs
Welcome to the Behavior Analysis Programs at Florida Tech
Florida Tech’s behavior analysis programs fit every need. Behavior Analysis is a scientific approach to the study of behavior, with behavior emphasized as the proper subject of investigation. It is concerned with describing, explaining, predicting, and changing behavior. Environmental events are the primary independent variable in our science, although it is recognized that genetics and other biological variables are needed to fully explain behavior. Thus, the focus of behavior analysis is determining functional relations between behavior and environmental events.
Behavior analysis has four different branches:
- The conceptual analysis of behavior, which addresses philosophical, theoretical, historical, and methodological issues
- The experimental analysis of behavior (EAB), which focuses on research on basic processes and principles
- Applied behavior analysis (ABA), which focuses on applying basic principles to solve problems of social significance while systematically evaluating these applications
- Behavior analytic service delivery, which focuses on professional practice and consultation
Florida Tech offers four different graduate applied behavior analysis programs:
- Masters of Science (M.S.) in Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA), which focuses on clinical and educational applications
- M.S. in Organizational Behavior Management (OBM), which focuses on business and industry applications
- M.S. in ABA plus OBM (ABA + OBM), which focuses on both
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) degree in Behavior Analysis
The mission of our M.S. Behavior Analysis Degree Programs is to produce competentbehavior-analytic practitioners and consultants, who
are solidly grounded in basicprinciples derived from the experimental analysis of behavior (EAB), who approach theworld from a radical
behaviorist perspective, who will continue to inform their practice withcurrent research findings, contribute to behavioral research,
who attain BCBAcertification, and who are prepared to enter doctoral programs.
The mission of our Ph.D. Behavior Analysis Degree Program is to produce competentbehavior-analytic researchers, instructors, and practitioners who are solidly grounded inbasic principles derived from the experimental analysis of behavior (EAB). We expectgraduates of our doctoral program to approach the world from a radical behavioristperspective, continue to contribute to behavioral research, inform their practice withcurrent research findings, obtain academic and professional positions, and effectivelymanage behavior analysts under their supervision. Handbooks for the applied behavior analysis programs can be accessed at the "More Information" links below.